Karachi, May 22, 2012 (PPI-OT): Enclose please find a copy of the Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Company to be held on June 09, 2012, for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Abdullah Shah Ghazi Sugar Mills Limited (the company) will be held at the “65-Infantry Road, Military Accounts Colony, Lahore on June 09, 2012 at 09:00 AM to transact the following business:-
To confirm the minutes of last Annual General Meeting held on 31st January 2012.
To consider and approve the following resolution as special resolution with or without modification:-
Subject to necessary approval from Securities And Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and any other approval (if require) the company be and is hereby authorized to shift the registered office of the company from “Province of Punjab” to the “Province of Sindh”.
Further resolved that:
The words “Province of Punjab” wherever appearing in Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company be and are hereby substituted with the words “Province of Sindh”.
Mr. Farrukh Iqbal, the director of the company be and is hereby authorized to take All actions thereto for implementing the aforesaid resolutions.
To consider any other business with the permission of the chair.
1. The member’s Register will remain closed from June 03, 2012 to June 09, 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfer received in order at the office of the Share Registrar of the company by the close of business on June 02, 2012 will be treated in time.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the General Meeting of members is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. A proxy need to be a Member of the company.
3. The instrument appointing a proxy and the power of attorney or other authority, under which it is signed or a notarized certified copy of the power of attorney must be deposited at the office of Share Registrar of the company, M/s Five K’s (Private) Limited, 5- Nasim C.H.S., Major Nazir Bhatti Road, Off: Shaheed-e-Millat Road, Karachi, at least 48 hours before the meeting. A form of proxy is enclosed.
4. Any individual Beneficial Owner of the Central Depository Company, entitled to vote at this meeting must bring his/her Computerized National Identity Card with him/her as proof of his/her identity, and in case of proxy, must enclose an attested copy of his/her Computerized National Identity Card Representative of corporate members should bring the board of director’s resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of nominee along with the proxy form to the company.
5. Shareholders are requested to notify any change in their address immediately.
Statement under section 160 (1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance 1984.
Material facts concerning to the special business to be transacted at the Extra Ordinary General Meeting is given below:-
As production facility (factory), primary raw material (sugar cane), marketing of final product (sugar) and other supporting functions are already located/ arranged from/in Province of Sindh therefore management has realized that shifting of registered office from Province of Punjab to Province of Sindh will help in strengthening the internal controls, smoothness in corporate operations, cost savings, prompt decision making; in addition to other benefits. Management feels that shifting would Invoke the factory staff with new spirit, freshness and sense of being part of the management.
The directors of the company have no additional interest in any of the above business.
N. B. In the meeting of the board of directors of the company held on May 01, 2012 the same have already being approved and proposed for adoption in the extra ordinary general meeting of the members of the company.
For more information, Contact:
Malik Riaz Hussain
Abdullah Shah Ghazi Sugar Mills Limited
(Formerly Al-Asif Sugar Mills Limited)
Head Office: 65- Infantry Road Lahore.
Ph #: 92-42-36834016-22