Karachi: Notice is hereby given that the sixteenth Annual General Meeting of Clariant Pakistan Limited (CPL) will be held at the Company’s Registered Office at 1-A/1, Sector 20, Korangi Industrial Area, Korangi, Karachi on Friday, 30 March 2012 at 9:00 a.m., for the purpose of transacting the following business:
1. To receive and approve the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2011 alongwith the Directors’ Report thereon.
2. To approve 180% final cash dividend (Rs. 18.00 per share), as recommended by the Directors.
3. To appoint auditors for the year ending 31 December 2012 and to fix their remuneration. The Audit Committee has recommended the name of Messrs. A, F. Ferguson and Co., Chartered Accountants, and the retiring auditors, who have also offered themselves for reappointment.
4. To elect seven Directors in accordance with the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a term of three years commencing from 1 April 2012. The present Directors Messrs Mujtaba Rahim, Dr. S. Mubarik Ali, M. Veqar Arif, Alfred Christian Munch, Stephen Lynen, Arnaud Frete and Khawaja Mustafa Zulqarnain Majid will be retiring on 31 March 2012, in pursuance of Section 180 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
5. To transact any other ordinary business with the permission of the Chair.
The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 22 March to 30 March 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order by the Company’s Share Registrars, FAMCO Associates (Private) Limited at First Floor, State Life Building No, 1-A, I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi by 21 March 2012 will be in time to entitle the transferees for the dividend and to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting may appoint a proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her, A proxy need not be a member of the Company. Proxy, in order to be valid must be received at the Registered Office of the Company not later than 48 hours before the Meeting.
3. Shareholders whose shares are deposited with Central Depository Company (CDC) are requested to bring their Original National Identity Card and account number in CDC for verification.
For more information, Contact:
Clariant Pakistan Limited
1-A/1, Sector 20, Korangi Industrial Area,