Karachi, September 7, 2012 (PPI-OT): Please find enclosed herewith a copy of Notice of EOGM of our Company scheduled to be held on 27th September 2012.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held on Thursday, 27th Day of September, 2012 at 09:00 at it s Mills Site, Khalid Nagar, Rajana Pirmahal Road, Kamalia to transact the following business:
To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting of the Company.
2. To consider and if thought fit to pass the following resolution, with or without modification, as a special resolution;
“Resolved that the consent and approval be and is hereby accorded to negotiate and make the full & final settlement of total outstanding liabilities of the Company payable to M/s Habib Bank Limited and M/s National Bank of Pakistan Limited by disposing off its fixed assets.
Further Resolved That the Chief Executive Officer of the Company be and is hereby authorized singly to negotiate and finalize the deal as above and to sign, execute, take and do and/ or cause to be taken or done any/ all necessary actions, deeds and things which are necessary for giving effect to the aforesaid resolution and to do, acts, matters, deeds and things to execute the deal.
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the chair.
1. The Share Transfer Book of the Company will remain closed from 20.09.2012 to 27.09.2012 (both dates inclusive). Shares transfers received at the Company’s’ Registered Office, 47-A, Main Gulberg, Lahore by the close of business on 20.09.2012 will be treated in time.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another member as his/ her proxy who shall have such rights as respect attending, speaking and vote at the meeting as pre available to a member.
3. Procedure including the guidelines as laid down in Circular No. 1-Referenc No. (3(5-A) Misc/ARO/LES/96 Dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
a. Members, proxies or nominee shall authenticates their identity by showing original national identity card or original passport and bring their folio numbers at the time of attending meeting.
b. In the case of Corporate entity, Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produce (unless provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
c. In order to be effective, the proxy forms must be received at the registered office not later than 48 hours before the meeting, duly signed & stamped and witnessed by two persons with their names. Address, NIC numbers and signatures.
d. In case of individual, attested copies of CNIC or Passport of the beneficial owner and the proxy shall be furnished with proxy form.
e. In the case of proxy by a corporate entity, Board of Directors resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signatures and attested copies of the CNIC or passport of the proxy shall be submitted along with proxy form.
4. Members are requested to promptly notify any change in their address by writing to the office of the Company Secretary and members who have not yet submitted attested photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) to the Company are requested to send the same at the earliest.
5. Statement under Section 160 (1) (b) of the Companies ordinance 1984 pertaining to the special business is being dispatched with the notice to the shareholders of the Company.
For more information, contact:
Accord Textiles Limited
135/B, Shadman-II, Lahore